On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Peter Ertl <pe...@gmx.org> wrote:

> Also, if the userID is the id of the currently logged in user why not just
> store it in your wicket session when logging on to make it inaccessible for
> the client and prevent spoof altogether?

Obviously this is more secure.  And also not even necessary - the ID can be
directly in the link's model, so you can have dozens of links on the page,
all to edit different users, rather than having a single ID in the session.
 That's the whole premise Wicket is built around.

But, you missed this part of the thread apparently:

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
 wrote:

> You could pass the "id" of the object (if possible) as a
> PageParameter.  You can then use a bookmarkable URL for your page.
> You'll have to lookup the object from the db, though.  Again, this is
> only possible if the object is an "entity."

That part of the thread is what I was replying to - that it was then
insecure because the DB ID is in the URL.  This is not a standard way of
doing most links in Wicket - because of the security leak....

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com