I would change:
  final Label currentPage = new Label("currentPage", new Model());

to this:
Label currentPage = new Label("currentPage", new LoadableDetachableModel(){
 public Object load(){
                  return pagination.getPageable().getCurrentPage() + 1;

    }

});

and then just remove the last part:
  currentPage.setDefaultModel(model);

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:19 AM, vp143 [via Apache Wicket] <
ml-node+3035648-2145298352-65...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2b3035648-2145298352-65...@n4.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> I got it working with the following code- thanks Pedro and JC
>
>         final Label currentPage = new Label("currentPage", new Model());
>         currentPage.setOutputMarkupId(true);
>         add(currentPage);
>
>         final AjaxPagingNavigator pagination = new
> AjaxPagingNavigator("navigator", dataList) {
>                 @Override
>         protected void onAjaxEvent(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
>         target.addComponent(currentPage);
>         super.onAjaxEvent(target);
>         }
>         };
>         add(pagination);
>
>         LoadableDetachableModel model = new LoadableDetachableModel() {
>                 public Object load(){
>         return pagination.getPageable().getCurrentPage() + 1;
>         }
>         };
>         currentPage.setDefaultModel(model);
>
> It had to be written like this because the model needs pagination which
> would not have been initialised if written as an inner class when creating
> the label.
> Please let me know if anyone finds a better way of writing it.
>
> Many thanks again
> Vishal

Sincerely,
JC (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jcgarciam)