According to this
[https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/javascript-and-css-support.html] you don't
need both head and wicket:head tags. Since this is a page just head is enough.

Also, if your page is extending another one, I think you should have only one
title tag. In my apps I use a <title> with <wicket:message key="title"> in the
abstract page's header. Wicket loads the appropriate title on each page
depending on what is declared in each page's properties file.