Exactly what AjaxRequestTarget.get() does:-)

public static AjaxRequestTarget get()
        {
                final RequestCycle requestCycle = RequestCycle.get();
                if (requestCycle != null)
                {
                        if (requestCycle.getRequestTarget() instanceof
AjaxRequestTarget)
                        {
                                return
(AjaxRequestTarget)requestCycle.getRequestTarget();
                return null;
        }

Ernesto