> I don't know what you mean with transparent but ofcourse you cannot
> repaint invisible things.

A transparent container is one that appears in the markup and in the code but
which returns true for isTransparentResolver(). It's not "invisible" but is not
part of the explicit hierarchy. An example of such a container is the one
represented by the <wicket:enclosure> tag.

I.e. if you have container A, add a transparent container B to A, and in the
markup have a hierarchy of A - B - C, you would add C to A instead of B: The
code relating to the hierarchy of A will ignore B, but at runtime Wicket
"knows" that B sits between A and C.

- Tor Iver