Maybe find the contributions in the source tree, look for references in the
code to that filename.  Set a breakpoint on the code that normally contributes
it, run the old code that works.

When you hit the breakpoint, set more breakpoints a reasonably relevant
distance back up the call chain (the caller, the caller's caller, etc).

Now run it with the broken code and the breakpoints in the same places and see
what decisions are being made differently, why the call chain never makes it as
deep as the working configuration.

You can do all this statically (i.e. with "find usages" searches), but the use
of interfaces with multiple implementations can obscure the food chain unless
you really know what to look for.