I've done this in the modal window form... And I set it to false for
the main form that is not used for uploading.
The upload works well, it's when my modal is closed, the main form
(not the one for the upload) throws an exception on submit.

Here is the code that I've attached to the Jira issue:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2167784/wicket-modal-upload.zip

Cedric