See if this can help:
  https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/form-validation-messages.html

<https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/form-validation-messages.html>From the link
aboves:

---  Changes in Wicket 1.3

Whether a field is required is now determined by testing the isRequired()
method of FormComponent, therefore 'RequiredValidator' in the above examples
has to be replaced by 'Required'.

---

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM, mrblobby [via Apache Wicket] <
ml-node+3088996-1577718881-65...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2b3088996-1577718881-65...@n4.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> Hi, I dont see how this reply solves the problem.
>
> The forms fields have this:
> passwordField.setRequired(true);
>
> the Page.properties file has the following structure:
> Form.FeildName=fieldname
> RequiredValidator=Holy cow, ${lablel} is blank.
>
> This works fine, except the "Required Validator" part of the properties
> file does seem to work any more.  I.e. it picks up the Form.Fieldname but
> not the RequiredValidator patterns.
>
> I am aware that RequiredValidator has been depricated, and there is no
> direct replacement, but how do you get the "RequiredValidator" string
> functionality back?  E.g. if you need to translate the default "Field 'xx'
> is required." which is hard coded into reply a the moment?
>
> Which class has an onErrorMessage() call?  The form has a bunch of error
> methods which presumably can be overridden, but not this one.
>
> Many thanks for any help!

Sincerely,
JC (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jcgarciam)
--Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.--