Hello Wicket users,

I have a question about custom components. I need some more interactive
behaviour for this component
and decided to use a java applet for this. The user of the component
shouldn't be aware of that
fact. This component should display some data using JFreeChart. After the
applet is started it should
load some data via an input stream and display this data.

My idea was that the user has to overwrite a method in my custom component
which delivers this stream.
But how can I access now this stream from the applet, e.g. how can I create
an URL which points to
my component so that this method of the user is called? Thats my real
question: how to get a URL which
downloads a stream.

I think the principle would be like the image wicket tag. Where the image
wicket component provides an url
for the browser to download the image data. I tried to understand how it
works, but I didn't found much of
documentation for this? Perhaps there is some documentation and I only need
some pointer to them?

Best regards,
Dieter