Well, look at it this way: when the user enters your application without any known state (session or other), how can you differentiate? Only by what you know/get from the url.

So yes, if the name itself is not enough input to make a textual identifier unique, you'll have to include more information in the identifier.

Bas

----- Original Message ----- From: "Henrique Boregio" <hbore...@gmail.com>
To: <users@wicket.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: URL coding strategies

Hey Bas, you're right, I hadn't thought of it that way.

In option 1, how would I go about using a unique textual identifier?
Say there are 2 items with the name "Ford Ranger Model 2005" but each
one is posted by different users, the URL would still be:
http://www.mysite.com/item/Ford-Ranger-Model-2005

..since no reference is made to the user, just to the item itself.

Is there a workaround this issue or do I need to make some kind of
reference to difference among items with the same title?
http://www.mysite.com/item/1-Ford-Ranger-Model-2005
http://www.mysite.com/item/2-Ford-Ranger-Model-2005
http://www.mysite.com/item/3-Ford-Ranger-Model-2005

Thanks.