Not only that, but fine-grained data access allows a user to simply
"select * from some_table" and get the data to which they are allowed
access.  E.g. each sales person can see the data for their region
while an administrator or manager can see all of the regions.

You can also build 6 apps that work with the same data and they will
all have the same permissions when you log in as jthomerson.

Scott