Do not fight the framework. Use wicket security (wichet-auth-roles + Spring
security in my case) for all web tier classes. Use just spring security for
service layer (annotations, etc).
You can use also url spring security filter, if you need to. In normal wicket
applications you do not. But if you are using Spring MVC + Wicket, for example,
use filter for Spring MVC links.