On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM, gnugrf <gnu...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> I'm pretty much a noob, even though I've been slowly working on a project for
> about a year so bear with me. I've read "understanding models" a couple
> dozen times already and lifecycle, requestcycle, etc. and did a fair amount
> of slogging through the mailing list for old posts about "page resfresh"
> "page model", etc. and didnt find anything to help me, so forgive my
> stupidity..
>
> How would i refresh it in the loadabledetachable model (how would the model
> know when the page has been refreshed)

In a LDM, load() will be called every time that getObject is called
*and* the object has not already been loaded.  There is a transient
instance field in LDM that holds the object once it is loaded.  At the
end of every request, detach() is called, which nulls out that
transient object reference.  This means that on the next page view
(new request), getObject will presumably be called by something that
is using your page model, and in turn, load() will be called again.
You don't have to do anything to "refresh" your model.

If that is not happening, please show the LDM code you have.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com