Adding to Igor's comment, remember that nested form is not allow in HTML
spec per se, so what wicket is doing a trick where the root form is submit
but only elements of nested form (which get transform in DIV tag) are
processed

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Igor Vaynberg-2 [via Apache Wicket] <
ml-node+3228304-1818027643-65...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2b3228304-1818027643-65...@n4.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> the bigger form needs to be processed because what is submitted is the
> root form's formtag. however, validation, etc, will probably be
> delegated only to the inner form.
>
> -igor
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 4:14 AM, Daniel Bartl <[hidden
> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3228304&i=0>>
> wrote:
>
> > Have a small question regarding using AjaxFormSubmitBehavoir with nested
> > forms.
> >
> > Would like to use it to submit a smaller nested form within a bigger
> parent
> > form.
> >
> > Even though I passed a nested form as a "*form that will be submitted*"
> > while calling the following constructor of AjaxFormSubmitBehavoir :
> >    /**
> >     * Construct.
> >     *
> >     * @param form
> >     *           * form that will be submitted*
> >     * @param event
> >     *            javascript event this behavior is attached to, like
> > onclick
> >     */
> >    public AjaxFormSubmitBehavior(Form<?> form, String
> > event)                 <- passing nested form here
> >    {
> >        super(event);
> >        __form = form;
> >
> >        if (form != null)
> >        {
> >            form.setOutputMarkupId(true);
> >        }
> >    }
> >

> > I noticed that the AjaxFormSubmitBehavior#onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget
> target)
> > executes the following line first:
> > "getForm().getRootForm().onFormSubmitted();"
> > Why does it still delegate to the root form?
> >
> > Shouldn't the line be "getForm().onFormSubmitted();" so that the nested
> form
> > and possibly its children get processed only.
> >

> > Many thanks!
> > Daniel

> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden
> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3228304&i=2>

Sincerely,
JC (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jcgarciam)
--Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.--