afaik anchors in html do not support a disabled attribute. so the only
way to make it really unclickable is to not render it as an anchor.

of course you can change that by tweaking Jeremy's example

WebApplication.get().getMarkupSettings().setDefaultBeforeDisabledLink("<a>");
WebApplication.get().getMarkupSettings().setDefaultAfterDisabledLink("</a>");

-igor