Thanks, I'll add the info I have to the bug.

Regards
Robert

On 02/01/2011 01:02 PM, Pedro Santos wrote:
Hi Hobert, I reopened the WICKET-1886

2011/2/1 Robert Dahlström<robert.dahlst...@bwin.org>

Hi, I currently have an application reading a cookie in my session. All of
my unit tests where the pattern is: Create page ->  submit form ->  redirect
to new page fails to read this cookie after the redirect to new page.

The cookie is added both to the response and request before each new test
(WicketTester gets recreated):
tester.getWicketResponse().addCookie(cookie);
tester.getServletRequest().setCookies(new Cookie[]{cookie});

This works fine during first page rendering and form submission. But after
the form has been submitted and the redirect to new page takes place the
cookie does not exist in the new request.

Since I'm a bit unsure if this is the wanted behavior for WicketTester or
not I'm posting this to all users out there.

In my particular use case I would like the cookie to be persisted between
original request and new request since that's how it is working in the real
application.

Codewise (with Wicket 1.4.15):
In MockWebApplication.postProcessRequestCycle:
if (httpResponse.isRedirect())
{
  lastRenderedPage = generateLastRenderedPage(cycle);

  MockHttpServletRequest newHttpRequest = new
MockHttpServletRequest(application, servletSession,
application.getServletContext());

The call to new MockHttpServletRequest will clear all cookies set during
initialize() and thus my cookie will not be set in the redirect request.

Any ideas on how to tackle this? For me I'd like the WicketTester to copy
any existing cookies from the original request to the redirect request. I'd
also be happy if there's another place in the code where I can set the
cookie to have it available during the redirect request phase as well.

I also found an old bug (WICKET-1886) that felt like the same issue when I
read it.

Regards
Robert