No I'm testing on my own machine, with a 300Mb file, in fact Chrome gives me
upload feedback, but nothing from the upload progress bar.

Here is the code I'm using:

I'm overriding newWebRequest in my Application class:
@Override
   protected WebRequest newWebRequest(HttpServletRequest servletRequest)
   {
       return new UploadWebRequest(servletRequest);
   }

Here is the code in my upload panel class:
                Form<Void> uploadform = new Form<Void>("fileUploadForm") {
                        @Override
                        protected void onSubmit() {
                                final FileUpload upload =
fileUploadField.getFileUpload();
                                if (upload != null) {
                                        try {
                                                File newFile = new
File(uploadFolder, upload.getClientFileName() );
                                                // Save to new file
                                                newFile.createNewFile();
                                                upload.writeTo(newFile);
                                                _processSelection(server,
newFile, destFolder);
                                        } catch (Exception e) {
                                                throw new
RuntimeException("Unable to write file");
                                        }
                                } else {
                                        throw new RuntimeException( "file
selected for upload is empty" );
                };
                uploadform.setMultiPart(true);
                uploadform.setMaxSize(Bytes.gigabytes(1));

                uploadform.add(fileUploadField = new
FileUploadField("fileInput"));
                uploadform.add(new UploadProgressBar("progress", uploadform));
                uploadform.add( new UploadValidator(fileUploadField, prefix) );
                add( uploadform );