On 02/04/2011 09:07 PM, msj121 wrote:

You could have an automatic listener that takes the "getMarkupId(...)" and
preppend, or append to the id, or do it by hand (not my favourite choice).

good idea. i´ll try just setMarkupId(prefix+getMarkupId()) with an IComponentInstantiationListener.

Perhaps, you can change the non-wicket ids? would that help? I am not sure
why there would be collisions, could you explain more?

the point is that the functional benefits of the wicket app are supposed to be included in a third-party-web-page with only a script tag (just like banners normally do). therefore i have no control over the ids already used in the page, that the wicket app is supposed to be included in.

> Perhaps there is a
> more elegant solution, without using wicket....

believe me, i tried. what is to be included has quite some conversation & state, so that doing all this ajaxy stuff with just bare-knuckle servlets & jQuery is so incredibly hard to do, that i came back to wicket after almost 2 days, i now deeply regret ;)

thanks, uwe