> I tell people that I think you should let your Model and Model backing
> object control the look and feel/display/content of your components.
> Even visibility should be delegated to the model or model object and not
> set by the component.   Am I wrong here?

Yes. :)

The model should NOT care about the view, or even know one is there; a
"controller" is supposed to manipulate the model, any view (if any) should just
get the value from there and do any necessary formatting (e.g. using a
converter to/from textual representation).

For instance, why should a Model need to know the locale of a web user to
produce a correct representation? Separation of concerns and all that.

- Tor Iver