Hi,

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Per <p...@hamburg.de> wrote:

> Hello fellow Wicketeers,
>
> I have pretty much completed upgrading my application to Wicket 1.5 RC1. I
> have rolled it out onto my QA system on Google App Engine, and except for
> some minor glitches in PersistentPageManager and PageManager (which I'll
> document later on) it was a rather uncomplicated upgrade. Not that the API
> changes were fun to work through, but I've seen much much worse upgrades in
> my life, so thanks for another awesome Wicket release guys!!

Did you use
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/jdk-1.5-parent/gae-initializer-parentby
chance ?
If not, then please take a look at GaeInitializer.java and tell us what else
did you need to tweak.

> Wicket 1.5 solves some issues 1.4 had on App Engine (multi tab support,
> back
> button, lack of control of the session size), so I feel even a mere Release
> Candidate is better than the stable 1.4.x releases. I am busy testing the
> app now, and I would really like to roll it out soon.
>
> Unless!! I do wonder if there are maybe any showstoppers I didn't learn
> about yet. I checked JIRA of course, and nothing in RC2 seems to blocking
> me. I couldn't find RC3 nor any issues in 1.5.0.

I also don't know of any stoppers.

> So what do you think, yay or nay for putting RC1 into production this week?

If you don't find any issues in your testing then I'm 'yay'.

Please report if you find something and we will try to fix it as soon as
possible!