On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM, sheadley3228 <steven.head...@cats.usdoj.gov
> wrote:

> I am getting the following error in the wicket ajax debug window when
> trying
> to update the feedback panel in my result page.
>
> ERROR: Wicket.Ajax.Call.processComponent: Component with id [[feedback91]]
> was not found while trying to perform markup update. Make sure you called
> component.setOutputMarkupId(true) on the component whose markup you are
> trying to update.

That error is on the client side, meaning that the markup can't be found.

> my question is how do I find this component programmatically? is there a
> getComponentByID call or something?? I call my compenent "feedback", where
> is the 'feedback91' comming from??

You must have already "found" or referenced your component in your server
side code to add it to the ajax request target.  So, what do you mean by
this question?

feedback91 is the markup ID associated to the component by Wicket.  That's
the markup ID that is not showing up in the client side of the page.

Your problem is most likely related to the feedback panel or one of its
parents being invisible during the initial request, which is why it can't be
found on the page when you do the ajax update.

Try calling feedback.setOutputMarkupPlaceholder(true) where you created the
feedback panel.

Also, I am using AjaxEventBehavior on a checkbox so that once the checkbox
> is clicked, I would like to update the feedback panel without refreshing
> the
> page. How could this be accomplished?? is there some sort of render that
> would show the new message in the feedbackpanel?

It appears that you're already doing what needs to be done (namely, adding
the feedback panel to the ajax request target), but it's not appearing
because of the aforementioned problem.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com