>> Maybe I should explain one of use-cases. Let's say we have a form to
>> enter RSS feed information. There are two TextFields:
>> - url for RSS feed (urlModel)
>> - custom RSS feed name (nameModel).
>> Both are required and both have OnChangeBehavior attached. When user
>> enter url for RSS the name of it is retrieved and set into nameModel.
>> But only when nameModel has null object or nameEdited (boolean flag)
>> is false.
>> Now user can edit name field (then nameEdited flag is set to true, to
>> avoid changing this name when user change url).
>> But when user clears name field nameModel should be updated to null,
>> but behavior does not allow this (because of validation of required
>> field).
>
> what you want can be done in a simple manner. do not mark your field
> as required, since it is not. write your own validator that allows
> setting the field value to null when the edit flag is set, and fails
> when it is not.

But this field is required - from user point of view. User cannot
submit form without filling the name.

>>> you can create your own updating behavior that calls
>>> setrequired(false) on the component prior to running validation/model
>>> update if that is what you want. but we will not ship something like
>>> this as part of core because it doesnt generally make sense.
>>
>> Probably I'll write my own behavior, because it seems this is the only
>> solution :).
>> Maybe it does not make sense from your point of view, but from mine it
>> does. I think your point of view is sometimes too narrow.
>
> my point of view has to be narrow. as developers of the framework we
> try to make the 95% usecase as simple as possible, while leaving the
> door open for the other rare 5%. unfortunately for you, this is the
> other 5%.

My post was only a proposal, because it is not possible to easy extend
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior because onEvent() is final. I want
to avoid copy/paste code with only a little change. And I think this
change is very useful. But ok, I understand you, so I'll implement it
by myself.

But always is good to try convince you first :).

--
Daniel