Not exactly sure what the issue is. You can simply put the components into
panels (or other objects). Meaning make a Download Component, then an Upload
Component separate classes so they can be re-used in the future if you only
want to allow a download form... then put them in one form and decide which
panel to show (each panel holding 2 components). Then the onsubmit method
knows which is showing (since its the same component that decides which to
show) and in theory that is the least amount of code as far as I can
tell....

More then that I am not sure what you are asking for.... I don't consider
myself a seasoned wicketeer though.

Matthew