Hi all,

I'm working on a mobile website to be accessed by all kinds of devices,
including the Nokia N95.
While testing we found out certain links were not working on the N95, while
other devices and desktop browsers worked fine. I started a tcpdump and
narrowed the problem to a redirect Wicket performs.

My page is mounted on '/m/mypage' using the HybridIndexed strategy. When
clicking this link, Wicket enables versioning by redirecting to '/m/mypage.0'
(or any other number). The redirect however is not absolute, but relative; the
Location header contains '/m/../m/mypage.0'. Almost all browsers resolve the
relative part and are redirected properly. The N95 actually performs a request
using the relative URL, which Wicket doesn't understand, resulting in a 404.

I found some JavaDoc on WebRequest#sendRedirect(String) proposing a solution to
this problem (although mentioning a faulty container instead of mobile device):
http://wicket.apache.org/apidocs/1.4/org/apache/wicket/protocol/http/WebResponse.html#sendRedirect%28java.lang.String%29

I tried to use this solution, but for some reason RequestCycle.get() returns
null while inside the sendRedirect method. I tried to figure out why, but the
whole request cycle and unsetting/detaching is still a bit messy for me.
Anybody know why this is happening, or other solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Pepijn