Hi guys,

Thanks again for the previous help with the LoadableDetachableModel.
Now I have a "workflow problem" related to LDM for which I think you guys might have a more elegant solution.

I have a hibernate collection which is shown by a ListView. Each item is passed to a LDM and rendered with a custom component. Now the problem is when the user wants to add new items to the collection. Due to the use of the LDM I need to first save the empty-item in the DB just to receive an id which the LDM can use later to load the object. Acceptable, but what if the user decides to leave the page without saving the form. At the next load the empty-items will be there which is not the desired functionality.

How do you guys handle new items which need to be passed to a LDM (in order to avoid all those problems generated by the Wicket Serializable Checker) ?

Thanks a lot,
Alexandru