> Sadly reality is that PHP is more widely adopted. Apache comes almost
> by default with PHP. So I was wondering, does anything come close to
> Wicket, to ease the pain.. Or to have a stronger case for Wicket in
> discussions.

Do you know Zeta Components which entered the apache incubator for a while?
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/zetacomponents.html
They have some MVC stuff inside. Thsi is mostly used in PHP world
(unfortunately)

An other approach is piwi:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/piwi/
I am involved in this project, so this i my first choice. But you
should know that it's in an early state. Helping hands welcome.

Anything like Wicket in PHP world is unknown to me. I am not sure if
it makes sense tough

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de