Hi Iain,
Thank you for your reply.
I have tried to follow the examples from
http://wicketinaction.com/2008/09/building-a-smart-entitymodel/
http://wicketinaction.com/2008/09/building-a-smart-entitymodel/ .
I have successfully implemented both the Identifiable interface from article
and also, the last example of AbstractEntityModel<T extends Identifiable< ?
>> implements IModel<T>.
However, when I try to extend the AbstractEntityModel as shown on
EntityModel<T> extends AbstractEntityModel<T> example, my IDE starts to
complaint with things like "Implicit super constructor
AbstractEntityModel<T>() is undefined for default constructor. Must define
an explicit constructor".
as for the extends AbstractEntityModel<T> it also complaints on type T.

I forgot that there are also good examples on
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/working-with-wicket-models.html
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/working-with-wicket-models.html , in
particular on the Read/Write Detachable Model that I need to give it a
proper try since at the time of implementing my solution,
LoadableDetachableModel was good enough.

As soon as I have figured it out, I will post my findings. Since it is not a
show stopper, I shall park it for this week and come back to it in a week's
time.
Thank you, Iain and @Clint for your posts. They are much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Lucas