hi,
this is more about how you guys working with wicket rather then a bug or
something. and as Im relativelly new to wicket maybe you can help me out.

I created panels that can be extended ie.

<wicket:panel>
   <header>my header</header>
   <form>
      <wicket:child></wicket:child>
      <input type="text" />
   </form>
</wicket:panel>

usually I style the component in "offline" mode (without running the server)
so I need to add some additional markup to mock it, plus I set wicket to
strip wicket tags and override onComponentTag to set name of the tag (let
say section) so it look like.

<section class="custom-component-class">
<wicket:panel><!-- this will go away -->
   <header>my header</header>
   <form>
      <wicket:child></wicket:child>
      <input type="text" />
   </form>
</wicket:panel>
</section>

so now the problem is that

   1. I cannot use css selector like section.custom-component-class > header
   or I need to comment the wicket:panel tag on time I style component
   2. wicket:child is not recognized as valid html tag so I cannot add style
   to it ie. display:none
   3. surrounding wicket:child element with some html tag makes no sens

why wicket tags couldnt be attributes so any valid html could have attribute
like wicket:behavior="panel" or type="child" or something like that

I know that this is not a big issue. probably designer should create html +
css styles first and then developer turn it into the working code but with
time things like that are annoying,

so how do you work with such problems?

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński