On a related note, has anyone experienced HeaderContributors being
ineffective in IE8 when added via an ajax event?

The scenario is that a component with an attached Ibehavior which in turn
provides several Javascript HeaderContributors is added to an ajax target
(eg, target.addComponent(fooComponent)).

In Firefox the HeaderContributor seems to be added and evaluated correctly,
and the behavior works as expected.  In IE8, however, the contributed
Javascript appears not to be evaluated.

We are able to work around it by pre-adding the HeaderContributors prior to
the ajax event being fired, but that's kind of a messy solution... Would
rather see IE8 doing the right thing.

(Still need to get up to the latest 1.4, so it's possible that this problem
has already been addressed, though I'm curious if it is or was a known
problem with that dreadful browser.)

   Nick

On 5/12/11 9:51 AM, "Igor Vaynberg" <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> wicket keeps track of header contributions and doesnt contribute the
> same contribution more then once.
>
> -igor
>

> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:24 AM, Marieke Vandamme
> <marieke.vanda...@tvh.be> wrote:
>> Igor,
>>
>> Thanks for the answer, and you're right indeed.
>> I forgot that I added code in my HeaderContributor that checked if it was an
>> ajax request. Because I found it useless so re-add all the css + js to the
>> page just when you're readding your form after validation or something. But
>> when using the HeaderContributor with the modalwindow, I can never be
>> certain that the css / js is already loaded or not.
>> So I just removed my ajax-check, and now it's working. But can I maybe add
>> some test to check if my HomeMadeReusabel component is inside a ModalWindow?
>> Because now I re-add the js + css every time on an ajax call, and most of
>> the time it's not necessary.
>>
>> Thanks! Marieke Vandamme
>>
>> --

Nicklas Johnson -=- N6OL
TXBU Software Engineer
"Ask" is not a noun.  You mean "request," "requirement," or "question."