Hi Martin,

thanks for the explanation!

Why is the first call done to submit my form?

Because my app is doing an 'expensive' search query for every
instantiation,
thus I would like to trigger the search only with the necessary
submitted query.

Can I somehow distinguish a request with an empty q
and the pre-query with an empty q when submitting a form?
Or should I place my expensive operation somewhere else?

Regards,
Peter.