Ok I've done that and when the webapp starts up I get this:
INFO: 2011-05-18 09:36:53,246 Loading properties files from
jar:file:/pah/to/my/app/WEB-INF/lib/wicket-1.4.13.jar!/org/apache/wicket/Application.properties
 [http-8081-Processor24]

Accessing pages I see things like:
DEBUG: 2011-05-18 09:38:27,823 Property found in cache:
'link.my.profile.tooltip'; Component: '[MarkupContainer [Component id =
myProfileLink]]'; value: 'Ver y editar tu perfil' [http-8081-Processor19]

Which all looks good.

Then, when I access the panel that has the MultiFileUploadField component, I
see no reference at all to any of the properties.

In contrast, when I access a panel that has the phone number validator, which
actually works in terms of internationalisation, I get:
DEBUG: 2011-05-18 09:40:06,655 Property found in cache:
'homephone.PhoneNumberValidator'; Component: '[MarkupContainer [Component id =
homephone]]'; value: 'N?mero de tel?fono no v?lido' [http-8081-Processor19]

Does that give you an idea of where the issue might be?

thanks,
Steve