You submitted the HomePage form. Where do you expect the app to go from there?

-----Original Message-----
From: msalman [mailto:mohammad_sal...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:24 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: WicketTester and the rendered page

I am testing an application that starts with a login page.  After logging in
the user is taken to the home page.

        @Test
        public void test()
        {

                QuickStartApplication app = new QuickStartApplication();

                Class clazz = app.getHomePage();

                WicketTester tester = new WicketTester(new
QuickStartApplication());

        WebPage loginPage = null;
                try
                {
                        loginPage = (WebPage) app.getHomePage().newInstance();
                }
                catch (Exception e)
                {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }

                // Start out with the login Page

                tester.startPage(loginPage);
                tester.assertRenderedPage(LoginPage.class);

                tester.assertComponent("form:name", TextField.class);

                tester.assertComponent("form:password",
PasswordTextField.class);

                // login form
                FormTester formTester = tester.newFormTester("form");

                formTester.setValue("name", "1");
                formTester.setValue("password", "1");

                // click button to login
                tester.executeAjaxEvent("form:submit", "onclick");
                formTester.submit("submit");

                // Successfully logged in.  On the HomePage now
                tester.assertRenderedPage(HomePage.class);

                tester.assertComponent("form:text1", TextField.class);

                formTester = tester.newFormTester("form");

                formTester.setValue("text1", "1");

                // submit the home page form
                tester.executeAjaxEvent("form:submit", "onclick");
                formTester.submit("submit");

                tester.assertRenderedPage(HomePage.class);
                // Fails here.
                // junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<HomePage> but
was:<LoginPage>

                // Why is that?  It has already asserted earlier that it is the
home
page..

        }

Am I doing this thing right?  Do I understand the Wicket tester right.

I am attaching a quickstart project that includes the above test.

As always, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

-Mohammad

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n3568766/WicketTesterTest.zip