Hi Sven,
Thanks for your reply.
I've tested wicket-dnd on windows Vista, using IE9 and that's when the
problem occurs.
The problem of the on drop functionality not displaying the object dropped,
described in my previous post occurs on IE8 under both windows vista and
windows xp. Wicket-dnd works fine in any other web browser I have tried.
As requested, here is the version I am using of wicket-dnd, extracted from
my pom file:
<dependency>
                        <groupId>wicket-dnd</groupId>
                        <artifactId>wicket-dnd</artifactId>
                        <version>0.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
                        <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>
On repository section I have the following:
<repository>
            <id>wicket-dnd</id>
            <name>Wicket-dnd Repository</name>
            <url>http://wicket-dnd.googlecode.com/svn/repo</url>
</repository>

I will try to recreate the problem described above in a simple example, once
I know what triggers it.
I don't want to speculate as to the cause. All I can say is that it's the
way I make use of wicket-dnd that causes this. So it must be the way I coded
repeating views or something like that.
I'll post my code as soon as I get the chance.
Thanks, once more,
Lucas