Hi!

I have a problem with opening a new tab via a form.

I am using Wicket 1.4.17 on Ubuntu 11.04 with java 1.6.0_24-b07 and Tomcat 7.0.12

On a page I have a Download Button in a form with a Link to a file or an image.
After clicking on that button a new Tab should be opened with that link.

Unfortunatelly the file opens in the working tab. Adding target="_blank" to the form or the submit button does not change that behaviour.

Just for fun i removed the wicket-ajax.js from the html file and opening a new tab via a form WORKED!

Here is my code. What do I have to do to open a new tab when the AjaxFallbackButton is clicked?

<code>
        Form<Void> form = new Form<Void>("downloadForm"){
            @Override
            protected void onComponentTag(ComponentTag tag) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                super.onComponentTag(tag);
                tag.put("target","_blank");
            }
        };
final Model<String> buttonLabelModel = new Model<String>("DOWNLOAD");

final Label label = new Label("downloadButtonLabel", buttonLabelModel);
        label.setOutputMarkupId(true);
        label.setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true);

final AjaxFallbackButton a = new AjaxFallbackButton("downloadButton",
                form) {

private static final long serialVersionUID = 5109029782741176146L;

            @Override
protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?> form) {

String url = solrDocument.getFieldValue("idadr").toString(); System.out.println(queryResultLine.toString() + "\tDL: " + url
                        + "\tPosition: " + positionCounter);

                getRequestCycle().setRequestTarget(
                        new RedirectRequestTarget(url));

            }
        };

        a.add(label);
        form.add(a);
</code>

<code>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>
<form
      style="display: inline;"
      wicket:id="downloadForm"
      target="_blank"

<button target="_blank" wicket:id="downloadButton"><span
      wicket:id="downloadButtonLabel"
   /></button>
</form>
</code>

I am aware of the fact, that i am adding target=_blank twice over the onComponent methid and in the html. I tested combinations without results.

Kind Regards

Greg