Hi Brown, submit a form inside a modal window should be fine, just
make sure you have an outer form higher in hierarchy. Nested forms
inside a modal window works nice even in old versions. It is important
because it prevents invalid markup like form tag inside form tag.
About improvements in modal window, it is already planned to Wicket 1.6.

--
Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos