I thought it was easier...anyway in the example I posted yesterday calendar is closed with a specific click handler:

// Hide Calendar if we click anywhere in the document other than the calendar
2    Event.on(document, "click", function(e) {
3
4        var el = Event.getTarget(e);
5        var dialogEl = dialog.element;
6
7 if (el != dialogEl && !Dom.isAncestor(dialogEl, el) && el != showBtn && !Dom.isAncestor(showBtn, el)) {
8            dialog.hide();
9        }
10    });

you should adapt this function selecting all elements with css class 'yui-calcontainer' (ex: YAHOO.util.Dom.getElementsByClassName('yui-calcontainer' ); ) and hide them if they satisfy 'if' condition.
Refer this URL for plain YUI :
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/calendar/calcontainer.html