OK, so since I'm having this problem and no one else is -- what am I doing wrong?

And why is it working in Firefox? In Firefox, with javascript disabled, I get a normal POST; with javascript enabled, I get ajax.

In IE 8, using Wicket 1.4.9, even with javascript enabled, I get a POST (the "fallback" part of the AjaxFallbackButton), but with Wicket 1.4.17, I have broken ajax (because of the transport), but I also don't get a fallback POST.

I'm thrilled if the fault lies with me, because that's presumably easier to fix. But what am I (not) doing that breaks this?