Gotcha. Is there a way to do this without adding the DGV to the page? In my
case, I just want to add an empty <table/> tag and pass the "would-be"
rendered HTML of the DGV to a jQuery function that populates the table.

Specifically, I am trying to dynamically instantiate a jQuery DataTables
using the "JavaScript array" method (
http://datatables.net/examples/data_sources/js_array.html).