Hey guys, thanks for your responses. We're still using 1.4, it looks like it
will be a few months till we get to upgrade and use all the improvements
that have been made to resource handling in 1.5.  In 1.4 it appears that you
cannot put a bucket in the header without things getting confused and
failing to close.  Does anyone know why this is the case, or if there is a
way around it while still getting things in a <head> tag?

Martin, since we're using an older version I'm having trouble taking
advantage of your excellent advise, but I see elsewhere on the list, you
mention that this aggregation example should work in 1.4 also.  Do you
perhaps have an example of that I could look at?  The 1.4 equivalent of
MergedResourcesResource in particular is eluding me.

Am I right in thinking that aggregation will be required to order my css
contributions in 1.4?  At this point in development, the performance boost
doesn't necessarily offset the extra trouble of tracking down what
stylesheet or js library a problem is in, so I'd rather avoid it if
possible.

Thanks, Loren