Hi,

I encountered a strange behavior with a stateless login page after moving
from Wicket 1.5-RC5.1 to 1.5.0.

To assure that the login page is stateless I'm using the StatelessChecker
class. The problem occurs when the login fails because the authenticate()
method of the AuthenticatedWebSession class returns false. When this happens
the StatelessChecker throws an IllegalArgumentException and with the
following message:

/Last cause: '[Page class =
com.company.app.backend.common.web.page.LoginPage, id = 1, render count =
1]' claims to be stateless but isn't. Possible reasons: no stateless hint,
statefull behaviors/

After switching back to Wicket 1.5-RC5.1 everything works as expected and
the StatelessChecker doesn't throw an exception.

Might this be a bug in one of the two versions (1.5-RC5.1 vs. 1.5.0)?