I solved my problem.  I had a double quote in the title tag.  Removing
that resolved the problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Schneller [mailto:jeffrey.schnel...@envisa.com]
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 3:18 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Migration to 1.5.1 -- unable to render page because of <head>
tag

Been migrating an app to 1.5.1 and wanted to test a simple first page.
I continue to run into problems rendering the page.  I continue to get
the following exception:

Caused by: java.text.ParseException: No matching close bracket at (line
196, column 27)

                at
org.apache.wicket.markup.parser.XmlPullParser.next(XmlPullParser.java:21
6)

Below is the simplified html and the java code.  Any ideas on what is
going on?

BasePage.html

--------------

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>

xmlns:wicket="http://wicket.apache.org";>

<head>

<title wicket:id="title"">[page title]</title>

</head>

                                <wicket:child/>

BasePage.java

--------------

public class BasePage extends WebPage {

                // title of the current page

                private String pageTitle = "";

                // page meta-data

                private String pageDescription = "";

                private String pageKeyword = "";

                public BasePage() {

                                super();

                                init();

                }

                private init() {

                                // Page Title

                                add(new Label("title", new
PropertyModel<String>(this, "pageTitle")));

                // Meta Tags

                WebMarkupContainer metaKeywords = new
WebMarkupContainer("keywords");

                metaKeywords.add(AttributeModifier.replace("content",
new PropertyModel<String>(this, pageKeyword)));

                                add(metaKeywords);

                WebMarkupContainer metaDescription = new
WebMarkupContainer("description");

                metaDescription.add(AttributeModifier.replace("content",
new PropertyModel<String>(this, pageDescription)));

                add(metaDescription);

}

protected void setPageTitle(String title) {

                this.pageTitle = title;

}

protected void setMetaKeywords(String keywords) {

                this.pageKeyword = keywords;

}

protected void setMetaDescription(String description) {

                this.pageDescription = description;

}

public String getPageDescription() {

                return pageDescription;

}

public String getPageKeyword() {

return pageKeyword;

}

public String getPageTitle() {

                return pageTitle;

HomePage.html

---------------

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>

xmlns:wicket="http://wicket.apache.org";>

<wicket:head></wicket:head>

                <wicket:extend>

                                [bunch of html]

                </wicket:extend>

HomePage.java

public class HomePage extends BasePage {

                public HomePage() {

                   this.setPageTitle("My homepage");

                   this.setMetaKeywords("");

                   this.setMetaDescription("");