Hi,

I have a rather strange behavior, and I don´t know what I´m doing wrong.
Before I open a Bug, I would like to hear some opinions, why this works this
way.

I try the following (in Pseudocode):

tester = new WicketTester();
tester.startComponentInPage(new Label("test","hello");
tester.assertModelValue("test","hello"); --> throws

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Component is not a container and so does
not contain the path test.

Funny as it is, to make this work, you have to do the following assertion:

tester.assertModelValue("", "hello");

The error lies in
public Component getComponentFromLastRenderedPage(String path,
                final boolean wantVisibleInHierarchy)
in Line: path = startComponent.getId() + ":" + path;

Here i think you would need to check whether startComponent is a
WebMarkupContainer or not,
I would file a Bug and provide a patch, or am I completely wrong?

Regards

Martin