On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Chris Colman
<chr...@stepaheadsoftware.com> wrote:
> Did I read somewhere recently that Wicket itself was starting to use
> some of jQuery directly for some of its js? If the use of jQuery
> directly by Wicket were to become more pervasive would that mean we
> would not need a separate
> jqWicket or wiQuery or is the Wicket library only using a small subset
> of jQuery and not intending to expose the entire jQuery API?
Wicket will use JQuery as a backing library for its wicket-ajax.js
initially. This involves - ajax, events, DOM manipulation.

Both Wiquery and jqWicket provide integration with JQuery UI, not plain JQuery.
Wicket core may provide some abstractions to make integrations with
JQuery UI at some later point.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development