extending panel A means that your components go into panel A not into
one of its children.

you can provide a special addChild() method, or provide
addChildren(WebMarkupContainer) callback that you call from A's
onInitialize() or let your panel A implement IComponentResolver and
try to locate children itself (this is not good for code that depends
on the actual hierarchy to function).

-igor