With Wicket 1.4 we used the CapturingBookmarkablePageRequestTarget (and the
belonging CapturingBookmarkablePageRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy) from the
static examples to capture the response of a page request and display
another page as result instead. I still don't know how to achieve the same
with Wicket 1.5.

public abstract class CapturingBookmarkablePageRequestTarget extends
BookmarkablePageRequestTarget
{

        @Override
        public void respond(final RequestCycle requestCycle)
        {
                final StringResponse stringResponse = new StringResponse();
                final WebResponse originalResponse =
(WebResponse)RequestCycle.get().getResponse();
                RequestCycle.get().setResponse(stringResponse);
                super.respond(requestCycle);
                // handle the string response
                onCapture(stringResponse);
                RequestCycle.get().setResponse(originalResponse);
                RequestCycle.get().setRequestTarget(new
BookmarkablePageRequestTarget(displayedPageClass, getPageParameters()));
        }

        protected abstract void onCapture(StringResponse stringResponse);