Hi,

Thanks for the advice! I follwed and traced the problem. Think it's a
combination of Wicket and Tomcat...

When i send the request for http://localhost/, wicket get's the session
from tomcat, renders the page and buffers the response (since
ONE_PASS_RENDER isn't default).
Wicket (1.5.3) also appends the ?1 and sends a 302 redirect to
http://localhost/?1 (in the 302 response header the cookie get's correctly
set - but not appended to the redirect URL).
Tomcat (7.0.22) doesn't append jsessionid to an url like http://localhost/?1.
Looks like it's still the "empty path" and tomcat problem that prohibits
the appending of jsessionid.

Now when I don't use cookies and follow the request to
http://localhost/?1how should wicket know which session we're talking
about?

Please note that this problem doesn't exist when sending a request to e.g.
http://localhost/login. I get a correct redirect to
http://localhost/login;jsessionid=xxxxxxxxxx.

I could think of the following "workaround":
1.) For the homepage use ONE_PASS_RENDER

Is this a tomcat/wicket combination problem or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks
Willo