Hi,

There seems to have page data that are not correctly "unserialized" with
wicket 1.5.x.

I have done a quickstart application to show you the problem with a
ModalWindow using a page (not a panel) :
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4097909/myproject.zip
myproject.zip

How to reproduce the problem :
1- start the application (mvn jetty:run)
2- open your browser : http://localhost:8080/
3- Click on "click me"  a couple of time (optional!)
4- Enter the "label" field then submit. You should see "submit ok" in the
feedback panel.
5- Click the "open modal" link
6- Enter the description field and submit.
7- The model is serialized with all the data and next when the data are
"unserialized", the "description" data is lost.

Here's the log :

>>using the click me link!
INFO  - HomePage - Serialized [Page class = com.mycompany.HomePage, id = 0,
render count = 1], bean = com.mycompany.bean.MyBean@6da05bdb - nbClick = 0 -
label null - desc null
INFO  - HomePage - Serialized [Page class = com.mycompany.HomePage, id = 0,
render count = 1], bean = com.mycompany.bean.MyBean@6da05bdb - nbClick = 1 -
label null - desc null
INFO  - HomePage   - Serialized [Page class = com.mycompany.HomePage, id =
0, render count = 1], bean = com.mycompany.bean.MyBean@6da05bdb - nbClick =
2 - label null - desc null

>>Submit form with the label field
INFO  - HomePage   - Serialized [Page class = com.mycompany.HomePage, id =
0, render count = 1], bean = com.mycompany.bean.MyBean@6da05bdb - nbClick =
2 - label ddd - desc null

>> submit modal with the description field
INFO  - HomePage   - *Serialized *[Page class = com.mycompany.HomePage, id =
0, render count = 1], bean = com.mycompany.bean.MyBean@6da05bdb - nbClick =
2 - label ddd - *desc fdfdfd*
INFO  - HomePage   - *unSerialized *[Page class = com.mycompany.HomePage, id
= 0, render count = 1], bean = com.mycompany.bean.MyBean@7d98d9cf - nbClick
= 2 - label ddd - *desc null*
INFO  - HomePage     - Serialized [Page class = com.mycompany.HomePage, id =
0, render count = 1], bean = com.mycompany.bean.MyBean@7d98d9cf - nbClick =
2 - label ddd - desc null
>> desc has been set to null

With wicket 1.4.x it's working just fine (there's a pom.xml.wicket.1.4 in
the project if you want to try) : there is no page that is "unserialized".

If I use a panel instead of a page in the modal window, it's working just
fine. So I guess it has something to do with multi-window/multi-page
handling...

Is there a new option to turn on with wicket 1.5 to have it works like in
wicket 1.4?

Regards,

Gabriel.