Hi,

The javadocs says:
If set to false, then "Choose One" will be displayed when the value is
null. After a value is
         * selected, and that change is propagated to the underlying model,
the user will no longer see
         * the "Choose One" option, and there will be no way to reselect null
as the value.

so you need to set a default model too.
see org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.DropDownChoice.DropDownChoice(String,
IModel<T>, List<? extends T>)
the second argument

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:41 PM, eugenebalt <eugeneb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Easy question, but I forgot the answer.
>
> I need my DropDown to
> 1) ONLY list the choices I have in my model (no blank, no 'Choose One'),
> 2) Automatically default to the 1st choice, so there is no blank visible.
>
> If I do setNullValid(false) I see "Choose One" which is incorrect. I should
> see the 1st item pre-selected.
>
> If I do setNullValid(true) I see a blank option which is also incorrect.
>
> Thanks

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development