thanks for this answer.
in the pub example this seems to work, and we also see the Cache-control
headers.

but we do not need and have language specific resouces (so far).

a. can you tell me how we should change the image construction for our
initialization code which currently looks like this:

                Image img = new Image("logoutImg") {
                        protected void onComponentTag(ComponentTag tag) {
                                super.onComponentTag(tag);
                                tag.put("src", baseUrl+"images/logout.png");
                        }
                };

should this then be like this ?:
 ResourceReference resRefFrogster = new
SharedResourceReference("./images/my_image.jpg");
 Image test = new Image("testid", resRefFrogster);
 add(img);

which resourceReference is to take for non NLS: images, css and js ?

b. can you tell me how we should change our scirpt include which is
currently done in the html file directly in the header like this:

        <link type="text/css" href="./js/jquery-ui/css/jquery-ui.custom.css"
rel="Stylesheet" />

thanks !

lg chris