Hi,

I don't see how this may happen.
The execution of RequestCycle is single threaded.
Do you have RequestCycleListener or something similar where you start
another thread and you use the same instance of RequestCycle ?

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Fang Lin <fang...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> When clicking on a link (i.e., ?5-1.ILinkListener-...) after a session
> expired, this error page shows up on my browser window:
> Exception report
> message
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
> from fulfilling this request.
> exception
>
> java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(AbstractList.java:372)
>                    java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(AbstractList.java:343)
>
> org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.detach(RequestHandlerStack.java:176)
>
> org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.onDetach(RequestCycle.java:565)
>
> org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.detach(RequestCycle.java:508)
>
> org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:284)
>
> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:162)
>
> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:218)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>        at
>        at
>        at
>        at
>        at
>        at
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
>        at
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
>        at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
>        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:774)
>        at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:703)
>        at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:896)
>        at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> This ConcurrentModificationException occurs about 70+ times on an application
> server daily.
> Wicket version 1.5.3.
> Any suggestion on how to avoid this?
> In the init method of sub-class of the WebApplication , I have:
>   IApplicationSettings settings = getApplicationSettings();
>    settings.setAccessDeniedPage(AccessErr.class);
>    settings.setPageExpiredErrorPage(SessionErr.class);
> settings.setInternalErrorPage(InternalErr.class);
> When a session expired, should it invoke the PageExpiredErrorPage?

Yes. You make a request to a page, Wicket searches for this page in
the stores, doesn't find it and throws PageExpiredException.
But, if the request url has the mount path then Wicket will create a
new Page instance instead. If you have authentication strategy set up
then you go to the Login page, otherwise this page will be rendered.

If you are able to reproduce the problem in a quickstart attach it to
Jira so we can debug it.
Thanks!

--
Martin Grigorov